Eating a balanced diet, packed full of nutrients will prove you with more energy during those longer surf sessions. Try out our nutritious recipe which is good for your immune system too!
Quick And Easy Kale Salad
- Large bunch of kale, stems removed and massaged in salt
- 1 green apple
- 1 bulb fennel
- 100g (1/3 cup) goats' cheese (soft and creamy)
- Handful raisins (soaked in apple juice, if possible)
- Handful pumpkin seeds
- Handful pecans/walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp caraway/fennel seeds
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tbsp honey/maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Twist of pepper
2. Dice the green apple, keeping the skin on.
3. Thinly slice the fennel (as thin as you can get)
4. Make up the dressing by putting all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisking firmly with a fork.
5. Toss the dressing in with the kale and allow to marinate.
6. Get a hot, dry pan on the go. Toss in the caraway/fennel seeds for one minute, followed by the nuts and pumpkin seeds, to heat through and slightly toast.
7. Fold into the kale mix.
8. Add in the juicy raisins. If you don't like raisins, try cranberries or gojo berries.
9. Plate up and sprinkle with goats' chesse and extra nuts and seeds